Travelling to the United States. Applying to the university you’ve always wanted to attend, or for that dream job. Getting custody of your child after a divorce. These things may all sound different, but they have one thing in common: they can be difficult or impossible to do if you have a criminal record. Fortunately, there are ways get a pardon or waiver so you can start living the life you truly want.
A Canadian pardon or record suspension is a document issued by the Parole Board of Canada confirming that your criminal record has been sealed and placed separately from public view and the national criminal database. Once pardoned, absolutely no individual in Canada or the U.S. can view your criminal record without permission from you or the Public Safety Minister. In essence, a pardon gives you a second chance.
A U.S. Entry Waiver is a legal document issued by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security that grants advanced permission to cross the border by land or air for a specific number of years. If you’ve ever been criminally charged (convicted or not) in Canada, committed a criminal offence in the U.S., overstayed your visa, or been previously refused for other reasons, you will require a waiver to enter the United States.
A waiver offers you hassle-free border crossing and unlimited entry for set period of time — for dream vacations, employment opportunities and so much more. It allows you to avoid being arrested, refused entry or detained, and prevents property seizures, trip cancellations, and lost money and business opportunities, not to mention embarrassment.
If you need assistance in getting your pardon or waiver, here are some points to keep in mind.
- Look for a company that offers employment advocacy, which includes employment letters and packages.
- Ask to be kept up-to-date on the status of your application throughout the application process.
- Choose a company that explains each step of applying for a pardon or waiver and has the know-how to complete it quickly and efficiently.
- Make sure the company guarantees that they will follow your request through to the end.
- If your request is denied, will the company file an appeal at no extra cost to you?
- Find out if there is a payment plan, or even the option to skip a payment. This is especially important if you have experienced unemployment due to your criminal record.
Freedom Canada, Pardons and Waivers is a Canadian owned and operated company. They are an application processing firm for pardons and waivers, plus more. They have exceptional staff with over 20 years of experience. For more information, visit www.freedomcanadapardonsandwaivers.ca, or call 1-888-729-2313 or 289-638-1998 for a free no-obligation consultation.