At Moksha Yoga Pickering, we’ve created a kids’ yoga program for all different age groups that happens every Sunday. The classes are fun, engaging and activity filled. The kids enjoy playing games and learning the new postures and relaxation techniques that are taught at each class. They have a good time and gain so much from having a regular practice.
Five Benefits of Kids’ Yoga
- Yoga maintains flexibility and strengthens growing bodies. Children are born with flexibility. Practising yoga helps to maintain this, and it also increases strength and improves body awareness.
- Yoga increases self-esteem. Because of the increased strength, flexibility and concentration that comes with a regular yoga practice, kids become more confident and sure of their decisions.
- Yoga helps with stress management. Yoga gives kids an easy way to reduce stress in a comfortable space. They learn different breathing exercises and relaxation techniques that help slow down the heart rate.
- Yoga cultivates creativity. Kids’ yoga classes don’t follow the usual sequence. There are themes and games that inspire them to be free, creative and imaginative.
- Yoga helps kids learn the importance of now. Yoga teaches the importance of being present and living right now. When kids are present, engaged and enjoying their practice, it serves as a reminder that they can carry this off the mat and into their day-to-day lives.
For more information visit pickering.mokshayoga.ca